Published On: 10/24/2019
Provide support for the design, implementation, and publication of observational studies.
Job Details/Main Responsibilities
- Collaborate with colleagues and clients on the design, implementation, and management of epidemiologic studies.
- Conduct literature reviews related to epidemiological study questions.
- Contribute to the scientific writing and methodological review of observational studies/epidemiological data including abstracts, posters, podium presentations and manuscripts.
- Plan and conduct standard and advanced epidemiologic and statistical analyses with minimal guidance.
- Prepare oral and written scientific communications, including scientific presentations, manuscripts, technical reports, and methods sections of proposals with minimal guidance.
- Support the development of study protocols, including design and analytical considerations.
- Support the development of analysis plans for observational studies.
- Support the submission of peer reviewed publications to scientific journals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in epidemiology or equivalent experience. 3 years of epidemiology research experience (design, execution and publication of epidemiologic research); experience in observational research and/or pharmacoepidemiology preferred. Experience and familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research methods. Experience with the submission process of scientific manuscripts to peer reviewed journals. A combination of degree and experience may be used.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
In depth knowledge of observational research methodologies. Strong proficiency in MS Office . SAS programming skills a plus. Strong technology skills to troubleshoot problems and the ability to think analytically. Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work. Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Strong consulting skills, as well as proficiency in scientific writing. Ability to plan and execute diverse tasks at the same time without supervision. Ability to lead complex research projects. Some travel may be required. Some travel may be required, 20% or less.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. This position is only considering candidates that can work out of our Durham, NC office.