Full Stack Software Engineer
Published On: 8/26/2019
Full Stack Software Engineer
Want to contribute to a technology team from the beginning? Have a passion to work on fresh development work rather than just adding on to legacy systems?
TARGET PharmaSolutions is seeking a Full-Stack Software Engineer who will play a pivotal role as a foundational technology team member, responsible for creating innovative new solutions to increase productivity across the business. You will play a critical role in the architecture and development of a quickly growing technology team.
If you are the kind of person who enjoys being a jack of all trades and loves to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment where your work makes an immediate impact, then we want to talk to you.
What we do:
TARGET PharmaSolutions is a real world clinical data company that delivers solutions to improve clinical, medical, and commercial outcomes. The TARGET model organizes a community of stakeholders, including pharmaceutical partners, key opinion leaders, regulatory agencies, and patient advocacy groups, around a specific disease to generate real world clinical data and insights about the natural history of the disease, including treatment outcomes.
We are looking for people who:
- Have experience with the MEAN Stack (MongoDB, Express.js, Angular, and Node.js)
- You like programming so much you've learned at least two of Python, Nodejs, Java, Ruby, or Go.
- Enjoy designing REST APIs, understand HTTP, SQL, and NoSQL databases.
- Love Docker and love AWS.
- Understand the concept of microservices, their challenges, and when monoliths are OK.
- Generally prefer lightweight and purpose-built to all-in-one batteries-included frameworks.
- Understand the differences in blocking and non-blocking web servers.
- Understand async communications, promises, and websockets.
- Are familiar with object storage, union file systems, and block storage.
- Feel strongly about high-availability, code formatting, consistency, and adherence to standards.
- Write documentation to help the next person that touches your code.
- Like unit testing because it helps you sleep better at night.
- Understand communication security and JWT.
- Probably prefer Linux as a desktop platform and insist on Linux as a server platform.
- Have a passion for writing great code with the desire to achieve and exceed goals.
- Are personally accountable for your work and love creating value for your users.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- Have 5 years of experience under your belt
What you would do:
- Document and/or confirm understanding of business requirements for new automated solutions or changes to existing systems.
- Analyze impact of requirements on affected systems.
- Conceive of potential approaches to provide automated solutions that meet the business requirements and confirm with users and/or business analysts.
- Design solution that promotes ease of maintenance, reliability of application function and business data, and good performance.
- Implement solution by creating or changing automated components to accurately meet the business requirements in accordance with design and development standards.
- Test solution to confirm it meets the business requirements, performing reliably and efficiently.
- Support testing performed by others including explaining the solution and investigating and resolving problems.
- Brief Operations on system changes going into production and document new or changed task required for Operations to support.
- Provide production support by investigating and correcting issues assigned and informs others of recovery and/or correction actions that they can perform.
- Invest in profession by improving use of available tools and approaches, exploring new tools and approaches, sharing knowledge with other team members, and developing a deeper understanding of supported business processes.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. This position is only considering candidates that can work out of our Durham, NC office.