Senior Financial Analyst/Senior Accountant
Published On: 3/3/2020
Ensure the accurate presentation of financial records by providing accounting support, such as journal entries and account reconciliations. This person will also be responsible for financial reporting and analysis, including interactions with management, business lines and the board of directors.
The Finance Team at TARGET is a close-knit, growing team; if you are a detail-oriented person who enjoys working on a variety of tasks in a fast-paced setting, then keep reading!
Job Details/Main Responsibilities
- Perform the monthly close responsibilities (journal entries, variance analysis, account reconciliations, and management inquiries) associated with the more complex functional areas.
- Use ERP system financial accounting and budgeting and forecasting capabilities to compile and analyze actual financial results and compare to budget. Create, develop and deploy reports from the ERP system.
- Identify financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Prepare and review monthly internal reporting packages for distribution to the Officers and Board of Directors.
- Perform cost analysis process by developing the models needed to analyze trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Increases productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools, which may include working with the technology team to develop these tools.
- Compile information for internal and external audits.
- Participates in team meetings/ discussions as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. 3+ years of professional experience in an accounting or finance-related position. 2 years of public-accounting experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge of sound accounting skills, including revenue recognition, internal control procedures, and month-end close procedures. Strong knowledge of financial analysis including creating forecasts and models. Strong analytical (quantitative as well as qualitative) skills including building models. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office applications is required. Familiarity with Sage Intacct a plus. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent presentation skills and detail-oriented. Ability to interact with executive-level management.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. This position is only considering candidates that can work out of our Durham, NC office.