Senior Software QA Engineer
Published On: 11/19/2019
Senior Software QA Engineer
Want to contribute to a quality product from the beginning? Have a passion for quality and leaving no stone unturned?
TARGET PharmaSolutions is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer who will play a pivotal role as a foundational QA team member. We have some developers, we have some internal customers, we have some projects – we need a software QA lead who can pull on loose ends and pick at holes during design phase and all the way to delivery.
If you are building your career as a software tester and love to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment where your work makes an immediate impact, then we want to talk to you.
SUMMARY OF POSITION ROLE
Lead quality assurance efforts within the software development group by doing all kinds of quality engineering activities from system design all the way to product delivery. The right candidate will have deep experience in writing and executing thorough test plans and a track record of increasing the quality of delivered software.
WHAT WE DO
TARGET PharmaSolutions is a real world clinical data company that delivers solutions to improve clinical, medical, and commercial outcomes. The TARGET model organizes a community of stakeholders, including pharmaceutical partners, key opinion leaders, regulatory agencies, and patient advocacy groups, around a specific disease to generate real world clinical data and insights about the natural history of the disease, including treatment outcomes.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design, write, and execute tests to prove systems functionality, verify business and user requirements are met and that systems will operate as expected in the production environment.
- Evangelize quality processes and best practices to improve and measure the quality of delivered products.
- Support creation and maintenance of libraries of reusable test data sets and test scripts, embracing open-source tech stack when possible.
- Work with development and product management teams to understand the product functionality, identifying test conditions of satisfaction for user stories and testing tasks. Act on behalf of the end-user, looking for gaps in requirements, acceptance criteria to provide the proper user experience.
- Participate in development design discussions in order to create test strategies and provide a voice for testability and quality.
- Execute a QA process that fits within our overall agile life-cycle.
- Guide developers in the creation and implementation of useful automated tests and coordinate their execution during appropriate test cycles.
- Troubleshoot defects and work closely with the development staff to drive them to resolution.
- Drive improvements to bug reporting, enforce defect SLAs, build better tools and tests and shepherd efforts towards automated testing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5+ years' experience in Software Quality Assurance, with experience with Agile Development Practices.
Excellent knowledge of software QA methodologies and practices with strong knowledge of the software development and QA lifecycle. Excellent knowledge of at least one scripting language. Strong knowledge of defect tracking software or Agile project management systems. Advanced knowledge of testing/scripting methodologies. Working knowledge of defect tracking tools such as JIRA. Strong attention to detail-oriented skills. Strong prioritization and time management skills. Strong troubleshooting and resolution skills in a technical environment. Excellent oral/written/interpersonal communication skills to communicate internally and externally. Strong collaboration, analytical, and planning skills, with solid understanding of professional best practices. Excellent Microsoft Office skills. Ability to multi-task and shift priorities based on business needs. Ability to conduct and direct research into technology issues and products. Ability to present ideas in business-friendly, user-friendly, and technical languages. Ability to be highly self-motivated. Highly logical with proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities. Good technical writing ability. Ability to integrates quality with software design and development.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. This position is only considering candidates that can work out of our Durham, NC office.